If you have a CO2 laser machine, you know how important it is to keep the mirrors and lenses in good condition. These optics are essential for transmitting and focusing the laser beam, which is used to cut materials and engraving. But did you also know that the mirrors and lenses must be replaced regularly to guarantee the optimum quality and lifespan of your machine? In this article we explain why that is the case, and why you should choose the mirrors and lenses from Lasergraaf.
What are the functions of the mirrors and lenses in a CO2 laser machine?
A CO2 laser machine consists of a glass laser tube, which generates an infrared laser beam by means of a gas mixture of carbon dioxide, nitrogen and helium. This laser beam is guided through a system of mirrors to the lens, which focuses the beam on the material to be processed. The mirrors and lenses thus have two important functions:
- They reflect and direct the laser beam to the correct position.
- They concentrate and optimize the laser beam for high precision and speed.
The mirrors and lenses are made of special materials that reflect and transmit the infrared light as well as possible. The mirrors are usually made of silicon (SI) with a vapor-deposited gold layer, which has a very high degree of reflection. The lenses are usually made of zinc selenide (ZnSe), which has a high transmission rate.
mirrors for co2 laser – maintenance / replacement
Mirrors and lenses in your CO2 laser machine should be replaced regularly to keep your laser (power) in optimal condition. Mirrors deteriorate (invisibly) due to dust and burn-in, causing the laser beam to fan out and lose power.
Lasergraaf only supplies high-quality SI (silicon) mirrors with a vapor-deposited gold layer! More power, sharper focus.
Choose the right options or variations below. Remember this: mirrors and lenses are like toilet paper! Feel free to buy something extra, you will definitely need them more often.
Why do the mirrors and lenses need to be replaced regularly?
The mirrors and lenses in a CO2 laser machine are subject to wear and tear due to various factors, such as:
- Dust and Dirt: Cutting and engraving materials releases dust and dirt, which can build up on the mirrors and lenses. This reduces the reflection and transmittance of the optics, causing the laser beam to weaken and fan out. This results in a lower cutting and engraving quality, higher energy consumption and a shorter lifespan of the laser tube.
- Burn-in: Due to the high temperature of the laser beam, minor damage can occur on the surface of the mirrors and lenses. This is also known as micro-pitting. These damages cause the laser beam to be scattered, so that less power remains with the material. This leads to poorer cutting and engraving quality, higher energy consumption and shorter laser tube life.
- Aging: Due to the prolonged use of the mirrors and lenses, chemical changes can occur in the materials. This may cause discoloration, deformation, or breakage of the optical components. This negatively affects the reflection and transmission levels of the mirrors and lenses, causing the laser beam to weaken and fan out. This results in a lower cutting and engraving quality, higher energy consumption and a shorter lifespan of the laser tube.
To prevent or reduce these problems, it is important to clean the mirrors and lenses regularly with a soft cloth or cotton swab dipped in alcohol or distilled water. It is also important to regularly check the mirrors and lenses for damage or discoloration, and to replace them if necessary. A good rule of thumb is to replace the mirrors and lenses at least once a year, or more often if you use the machine intensively.
20mm 2.5 inch lens for CO2 laser machines high quality
focus lens for CO2 laser machines with high optical transparency. Diameter of 20 or 25mm. and focus lengths of 50,8 or 63,5 mm.
Why are the mirrors and lenses from Lasergraaf superior in the market?
If you are looking for high-quality mirrors and lenses for your CO2 laser machine, then you've come to the right place Lasergraaf at the right place. Lasergraaf is a professional supplier of budget-friendly CO2 and fiber laser machines, which are suitable for both hobbyists and professionals. Lasergraaf also offers a wide range of parts, accessories and filters for your laser machine, so that you are always assured of the best service and support. Lasergraaf delivers free of charge throughout Western Europe and has its own showroom in Goirle, where you can see and test the machines for yourself¹.
The mirrors and lenses of Lasergraaf are of top quality, and have the following advantages:
- They are made of SI (silicon) with a vapor-deposited gold layer, which has a very high degree of reflection. This gives you more power and sharper focus².
- They are ground very smooth for a tight uniform parallel laser line. This gives you higher precision and speed².
- They are easy to install and replace, so you can quickly get back to work on your projects.
- They are available in different sizes and types depending on your machine and application. A typical CO2 laser machine has 3 mirrors and 1 lens, but larger machines may have 5 mirrors. The mirrors usually have a diameter of 20 or 25 mm, and the lenses usually have a focal length of 50.8 or 63.5 mm².
With the mirrors and lenses of Lasergraaf you get the best out of your CO2 laser machine. You will notice that your cutting and engraving quality improves, your energy consumption decreases and your laser tube lasts longer. You also benefit from the competitive prices and fast delivery Lasergraaf.
Do not wait any longer and order your mirrors and lenses for CO2 laser machines now Lasergraaf! You can easily order online via the webshop, or contact customer service for advice or questions. With the mirrors and lenses of Lasergraaf you are assured of optimal operation of your CO2 laser machine!
do-it-yourself maintenance set / overhaul set for CO2 laser machine 20mm
complete overhaul set for do-it-yourself maintenance of CO2 laser machines. Includes high-quality mirrors, optical lens and a high-quality tank chiller water. Save a lot of money by ordering everything in 1 package now and easily do your own maintenance or order the set before the technician comes for maintenance on the machine.
tip : Have you already planned maintenance on your machine ? Order the kit at least 7 days before your appointment with the mechanic.
Have you not yet planned maintenance and would you prefer to have the work carried out by an experienced maintenance engineer?
Order the maintenance set now and send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule maintenance.
(1) Shop – budget friendly CO2 and fiber laser machines. https://lasergraaf.nl/.
(2) SI mirrors for co2 laser diameter 25 mm – budget-friendly CO2 and …. https://lasergraaf.nl/product/si-mirror-for-co2-laser-diameter-25-mm-maintenance-replacement/.
(3) why do laser tubes, mirrors and lenses sometimes break…. https://lasergraaf.nl/why-do-laser-tubes-mirrors-and-lenses-sometimes-break/.